Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday America!!!!!

In honor of this wonderous birth, the girls and I went to a friend's house for the customary bar b que. (Yes, it is a day early, but it is what it is)

I have kept in touch with the friend throughout many many years. Since like, the 6th grade.

She has kept in touch with many many people from high school. Because, well, she never moved away.

I never kept in touch with hardly anyone from high school. And a whole bunch of them were going to be at this bar b que.

Funny how time changes people. People who I never got to know really well (because of our different social status' - and trust me, my status was not the lowest, but certainly lower than many of these people) are actually NICE now! Who would have thought!?! I mean, maybe they were nice back then.... ha.

Then there were the people I didn't like back then. Some of them have improved, some of them I still don't like, but I think that is just personality differences.

It was nice to get to know these people a little bit. Even if I went to school with them, I never really knew THEM. It was nice to see them with their husbands and wives and kids - to see the human side of them and not the vision I see of a bunch of High School kids high on ego trips.

It was a nice day. But I will say, even if they were the most popular and all that jazz, I am skinner than all of them!!!! HAHA!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment